WriterDuet is backed by Techstars, cash-flow positive, and building products for creative writing and creativity in general. Now let's talk about you.
At WriterDuet, every decision is made based on customer feedback. It only makes sense for supporting our users to be top priority. As such, we are looking for a passionate communicator to join our awesome support team so that each user can demand more of our collective attention.
The ideal candidate has experience communicating in a friendly and efficient manner, and in increasing customer loyalty even when faced with challenging or complex scenarios. We’ll be very excited about anybody with a passion for creativity, creative writing, and technology. And it's definitely a big plus if you're a screenwriter, filmmaker, or--most especially--a lover of WriterDuet!
If you like learning a ton, prefer being challenged constantly, and enjoy petting dogs*, then this is the job for you.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to something you've created, plus tell us why you'd be a great fit!
*We have other perks like competitive salaries, health insurance, and flexible hours, but we've found that dog-petting resonates strongly with many of our recruits!
Note: Our team is fully remote right now, but we have a cool office and are excited to get back to it. So if you are in Austin, Texas or looking to relocate there, that is ideal.
- Work with users via messaging and phone to quickly identify problems, recommend solutions, and dramatically improve WriterDuet’s brand identity for that user
- Update self-help documents so users can more effectively solve problems themselves
- Escalate issues to relevant team members clearly and effectively, following up whenever necessary
- Test the product and isolate issues through reproduction and observation
- Identify common trends and underlying problems
- Act as the primary advocate for our user base
- Be creative and offer suggestions about features and product direction
- Learn as much as possible, tailored to your interests and skills
- Growth. Invest in the company by investing in yourself and your co-workers.
- Happiness. Otherwise, it's all pointless.
- Quality. Build innovative technology, make maintainable & scalable choices and strive for excellence.
- Collaboration. Take advantage of all of the brilliant people around you whenever possible. Be honest, build trust, embrace inclusion. Offer and request feedback often and with kindness.
- Ownership. Allow for creative expression so that this company becomes defined in part by you and who you are. Manage up and operate with integrity.
- WriterDuet is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion (or lack thereof), or veteran status. WriterDuet does not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” WriterDuet also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g. stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at WriterDuet.
- Based on your level of experience, you should expect a starting salary in the range of $30,000 to $45,000/year (with a potential adjustment after 3 months, as well as stock options).
What we offer
- Excellent health insurance
- Flexible working schedule
- The chance to have a profound impact on the effectiveness and direction of a small, fast-growing business
- A team that encourages asking questions about everything (even if that knowledge isn't necessary for your current role), and genuinely wants to help you reach your personal goals at WriterDuet and beyond
- Background supporting customers or clients
- Experience with creative collaboration
- Knowledge of WriterDuet (you should at least check it out before applying)
- Experience with/passion for creative writing, scriptwriting, and/or filmmaking (there's likely room for content creation in this role)
- Experience with a technology company