View Menu Definitions
The ‘View’ menu changes how WriterDuet appears to a user.
Definitions of each menu item:
- Full Screen (keyboard shortcut: Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+F) – when enabled, default setting is to show only the script, and will make any browser menus and tabs disappear. Scene cards, live chat, and personal notes will also not be visible, however can be added to a customized Full Screen mode using View > Display.
- Page Breaks – shows where a page break will be in the script. When deactivated, the script appears as one long white page.
- Page Count- a small grey box will appear in the lower left corner of the script containing what page a user is currently viewing (i.e. 4 of 5). This feature will only work if ‘Page Breaks’ is enabled.
- Multi-pages – Allows a user to see more than one page side-by-side. Options include: Before, After, Entire Script. More than one option can be activated at a time. Depending on the screen size being used, the user may need to change the ‘Zoom’ in order to see the entire script.
- Scene Cards – allows user to customize the view of the scene cards to the left of the script. Options include: Outline color, Number of Lines, Script Content, and Outline. For detailed instructions, see ‘Scene Cards’ article.
- Top Menubar – allows user to ‘Lock’ menu in place when ‘Toolbar’ is either hidden or on Auto setting (see ‘Manage Menubar & Toolbar article for details)
- Top Toolbar- allows a user to Lock, Hide, or partially hide the toolbar. (see ‘Manage Menubar & Toolbar article for details)
- Text – controls view of text on the page. Useful when viewing on small screens. See ‘The Differences between Text and Zoom in View menu’ article for details.
- Zoom – controls zoom in and out for the entire page. See ‘The Differences between Text and Zoom in View menu’ article for details.
- Layout – allows user to change how the script is oriented in the window or webpage. Takes away certain features to the left and right of script. Options include: Auto, Wide, Left, Right, Thin.
- Display – allows user to turn on and off specific features to the left and right of script. Options include: Info (the status notes in the top left corner), Scenes (scene cards to the left of script), Writers (live chat in the top right corner), Notes (personal notes section below live chat)