Using Present Progressive Feature
The present progressive tense of a verb indicates a continuing action.
- Tom is sitting.
In screenwriting, when describing the actions of a character in an Action line, proper formatting requires short, concise grammar using the third person singular present tense of verbs.
- Tom sits.
The Present Progressive feature is designed to help screenwriters find these verbs in Action lines and replace them with the correct tense automatically.
To activate feature:
- Tools > Present Progressive
- Select ‘Find Next’
- Number of occurrences will appear in red text in window heading.
- Click ‘Replace & Find’ to replace current occurrence and find the next.
- Repeat step 4 until all occurrences have been viewed.
- Click ‘x’ to exit feature
Note: only detects present progressives in Action lines. There is no complete list of potential present progressives. This feature may not catch with 100% accuracy and does not substitute actual proofreading for these errors.