Customize Format Menu
Custom formatting (with the exception of Custom Margins) is a feature available to all WriterDuet users. Please note, fonts may appear differently depending on the operating system.
Each line type (character, dialogue, parenthetical, etc.) can be custom formatted (color, bold, italic, underline, alignment, etc.)
The number of lines before each line type can also be changed. This can help users slightly adjust page count.
Custom Margins: Pro users only
- Top & bottom: the margins at the top and bottom of the page.
- Page height: how many lines will be on a page; default is 54 lines.
- Header/footer: margins for header and footer, measured in inches; default is 0.5 inches for each.
- Left & Right: the margins on the left and right of the page.
- Header and Footer: margins for header and footer, measured in inches; default is 1.2″/1.8″ for each.
- Current line: measured in number of spaces allowed within the line that the cursor is currently located on.
- Custom line margins: measured in number of spaces allowed on each line of a certain type. Default settings follow industry standards.